The Downtown Sarasota Condo Association (DSCA) is organized with a Board of Directors comprised of three (3) to twenty (20) elected Directors with voting rights on Board matters. To contact any of the Board Directors, please send an email to: Downtown.Sarasota.Condo.Assoc@gmail.com
The current list of 11 Board Directors and Officers are:
Rosemary District Assoc. Rep
Valencia Rosemary Place
Chair, Greenspace Cmte
Condo on the Bay (888)
Chair, Associate & Events Committee
Chair, Transportation Cmte
Chair, Homeless Cmte
Savoy On Palm
Bay Park Rep
The Board can form committees as needed, and has agreed to establish committees to align with the annual goals of the organization. The standing committees include:
- Executive Committee – This is a standing committee that includes the officers of the organization (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Presidents Emeritus). It is the prime group to carry out the advocacy role of the organization, especially in interfacing with the City of Sarasota and City Commission.
The ad hoc committees that are formed to advance specific annual goals include:
- Homeless Committee – This is an ad hoc committee targeted to work with the City of Sarasota staff and other local organizations to support efforts to reduce the homeless population’s in Sarasota.
- Greenspace Committee – This is an ad hoc committee to focus on issues related to green spaces, public parks, and public art in downtown Sarasota.
- Transportation Committee – This is an ad hoc committee to focus on issues related to multi-modal transportation, traffic, signage, and pedestrian access in downtown Sarasota.
- Health & Safety Committee – This is an ad hoc committee to focus on programs to enhance downtown residents’ health and safety and works closely with the Sarasota Police Department and any other organizations to affect these programs.
- Zoning Code Committee – This is an ad hoc committee to focus on programs to work with the DSCA Member condominiums, City of Sarasota staff, and other local organizations to review experiences with the Zoning Code as it relates to Land Development Applications and the impacts of Administrative Review and Public Hearing processes.
- Associate & Events Committee – This is an ad hoc committee to plan and organize educational forums and other related events to address key issues important to our members, and to gain support of said events and provide exposure for Associate Member services.