The DSCA’s Operation Plan for 2015 establishes ad hoc committees to advance specific annual goals including community safety. To that end, the Safety Committee was established to work in concert with the Sarasota Police Department (SPD) to foster programs that enhance the safety of downtown residents. As this is the first of an ongoing series on citizen safety, the following background is provided for your information.
- SPD is divided into three basic operational divisions: Criminal Investigation, Patrol and Support Services. Of these, Patrol has the most contact with and impact on the citizenry.
- Captain Kevin Stiff commands Patrol Division. He reports directly to the Deputy Chief.
- Patrol Division includes the Foot Patrol, which is comprised of four officers who work the Rosemary District and Main Street areas.
Sunday – Thursday 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday – Saturday 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM
Currently the four Foot Patrol officers are:
- Officer Jerry Pucci
- Officer John Neiring
- Officer Bobby Krol
- Officer Tammy Featherstone
If you require assistance from these officers, you may call one of the following numbers:
Location Cell Number_
West of Orange Ave. 941-915-1616
East of Orange Ave. 941-915-1615
If the Foot Patrol Officer does not answer immediately, please call the NON-Emergency dispatch number: 941-316-1199 or if an Emergency, 911. An Officer will be dispatched to your location.
General guidelines when calling for police assistance
- Identify yourself and your location.
- Provide the specific location of the problem.
- Be prepared to meet the officer at a mutually agreeable location.
Patrol Division also operates the Crime Prevention Unit that will provide condominium-building surveys to assess building vulnerabilities. Lt. Jaress directs the Unit and Sgt. Eric Bolden runs day-to-day operations. Contact Sgt. Bolden at: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an Officer to visit your condo.
If your condominium board is interested in a presentation by the SPD on any subject related to policing, they should contact Captain Kevin Stiff (Kevin.Stiff@sarasotagov.com 941-954-7010) at least two weeks prior and provide the Date/Time/ Topic.