The Board can form committees as needed, and has agreed to establish committees to align with the annual goals of the organization. The standing committees include:
- Executive Committee – This is a standing committee that includes the officers of the organization (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Presidents Emeritus). It is the prime group to carry out the advocacy role of the organization, especially in interfacing with the City of Sarasota and City Commission.
- Education & Outreach Committee – This is a standing committee to plan and organize educational forums and other related events to address key issues important to our members.
The ad hoc committees that are formed to advance specific annual goals include:
- Homeless Committee – This is an ad hoc committee targeted to work with the City of Sarasota staff and other local organizations to support efforts to reduce the impact of the homeless population in Sarasota.
- Greenspace Committee – This is an ad hoc committee to focus on issues related to the green spaces, public parks, and public art in downtown Sarasota.
- Transportation Committee – This is an ad hoc committee to focus on issues related to multi-modal transportation, traffic, signage and pedestrian access in downtown Sarasota.
- Safety Committee – This is an ad hoc committee to focus on programs to enhance the safety of downtown residents and to work closely with the Sarasota Police Department and any other organizations to effect these programs.