Emergency powers granted by the Florida legislature to condominium association board members, for use during a “state of emergency” were intended for hurricanes and
other disasters. However, during the recent pandemic, Florida board members were also granted emergency powers, to make necessary decisions during the crisis.
Join us for this comprehensive discussion about the current laws in place for emergency powers available to your board members.
• Are there any sources of emergency powers for associations?
• Associations will have to discuss this issue with their attorneys, and also consider other sources of emergency powers.
• A closer look at COA emergency powers in response to COVID-19
• Are emergency powers permitted only for Hurricanes?
• Can a not for profit board pass an emergency bylaw?
• What Association actions are permitted under emergency powers?
The Downtown Sarasota Condominium Association (DSCA) is the designated neighborhood organization to represent the interests of the condominium associations, townhomes, apartments and their residents, that are within the greater Downtown Sarasota.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: 941-404-8005